List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
The Seven Deadly Roadblocks to Success
When traveling down the road it is always good to beware of roadblocks! You don't want to crash and burn do you? The same is true in our journey toward success. We need to beware of those things that will keep us from our destination!
What are the most common? Here they are:
1. Fear. Fear is one of the worst enemies of success. When fear wraps its tentacles around you and keeps you in bondage, you will never be able to reach for your dreams. We must confront our fears, see them for what they are, toss them to the side, and pursue our dreams with relentless passion. Conquering fear and stepping forward to reach new lands and new ideas is what makes success possible. What are you afraid of today? What fear must you conquer to be able to achieve your dream? When you realize what it is, take an action that is diametrically opposed to that which you fear. This will confront and conquer the fear by giving you the first step in the right direction.
2. Lethargy. Quite frankly, what keeps most people from success is that they simply don't have the energy, or make the energy, to do what it takes to move to the next level. They get to a point that is comfortable and then they settle in for a nice, life-long nap! Don't get lethargic; get going! Force yourself to wake up from the slumber and move!
3. Lack of perseverance. Often times the race is lost because the race is not finished. Success is often just around the sharpest corner or the steepest hill. Persevere. Keep going. One more hill. One more corner! In real estate they say the three most important things are "location, location, location." In success the three most important things are "perseverance, perseverance, perseverance."
4. Pessimism. The saying is that you can achieve what you believe. Ask yourself what kinds of beliefs you hold. Are you an optimist or a pessimist? If you don't believe that you can achieve than you won't. Your pessimism will prove yourself right every time. You will find that you subconsciously undermine yourself. Develop your optimism. Look for ways to believe that you can achieve success.
5. Not taking responsibility. I am the chaplain for the local police department. The other day I went with an officer as he took two prisoners to court. Time after time the prisoners made excuses as to why they hadn't yet done what the judge had ordered (she didn't buy it, by the way). After dropping the prisoners off, I said to the officer that unsuccessful people and prisoners have the same bad habit - they won't accept responsibility for their lives. You are responsible. When you accept that, you are on the road to success.
6. Picking the wrong people to hang out with. We can easily become products of our environment. This is why it is essential to hang around people who will spur you on not hold you back! What about the people you have surrounded yourself with? Are they quality people who will encourage you and strengthen you in your quest for success? If not, move on!
7. No vision. Those who succeed always see their success months and years before they live it. They have the ability to look ahead, see the future, imagine the good that can and will come from their lives, families and work. To not have vision is a tremendous roadblock. Sit down and work on seeing the future - and make it good!
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
Teachings of the Success Masters
Authors such as Napoleon Hill have produced a great deal of writings that form the classic success philosophy of the early 1900s. Most of this material is as applicable today as it was back then, and forms the basis of the teachings of many modern success gurus.
The Secret To Life Long Success And Fulfillment
What Makes the Difference?On a warm spring afternoon, fifteen years ago, two young men graduated from the same college. They were similar in many ways.
Have You Planned Your New Years Revolutions?
Revolution:a sudden, radical, or complete change a fundamental change in the way of thinking about or visualizing something a change of paradigmI can think of no better way to begin this New Year than by initiating a revolution, or perhaps several.A resolution is defined as a "firm resolve".
Innovation Management - Measuring Failure
Creativity can be defined as problem identification and idea generation whilst innovation can be defined as idea selection, development and commercialisation.There are other useful definitions in this field, for example, creativity can be defined as consisting of a number of ideas, a number of diverse ideas and a number of novel ideas.
Skills or Beliefs: Which Matters Most to Your Business?
Skills or beliefs; this may well be another example of the age-old "chicken or the egg" dilemna. I tend to side more strongly with beliefs.
Become a Dreamer!
Cool Facts: Walt Disney went bankrupt several times before he built Disneyland and was fired by a newspaper editor for lack of ideas.Henry Ford failed and went broke 5 times before he finally succeeded.
Book Summary: The Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success
Dr. Deepak Chopra is a well-known author of more than 25 books.
Keys To Prosperity
Is it possible to get rich quick using the power of your mind? Sometimes, I think the only people getting rich are the authors of bestsellers with titles such as "Simply Abundant, Creating Prosperity and Miracle Power For Infinite Riches". However, we keep buying these books, because most of us have also experienced first-hand the consequences of a law of nature: do a good deed and it comes back to you.
An Image Makeover that will Change Your Life Forever
Have you ever met people who exude charm and charisma? They have mysterious power and personal magnetism that is attractive to everyone. Some of their captivating qualities are good manners, poise and a great personality.
7 Tips for Success
In this article we mention 7 tips for your success. That's not to say these are the only ones, nor will every successful person use all these.
Ready? Go! Tweak!
Let's set the scene. You're in a packed stadium.
Life Versus Lifestyle
There is a difference but what constitutes a life and what constitutes a lifestyle is pretty ambiguous. One thing that seems pretty clear to me is the lifestyle is observable while a life can have many internal aspects to it.
Control Your Fear Before It Controls You
"Fear Factor" is one of my favorite TV shows. It highlights the courage of the participants to engage inthe most fearsome and disgusting acts.
Reach Your Goals - A Higher Purpose
Find a higher reason to reach your goal than just the goal itself I need to be mentally sharp, physically and emotionally alert, and spiritually on top of things in order to do a good job for my clients. Knowing that none of these are possible without good physical fitness, when I feel like skipping or cutting a workout short, I repeat my mantra "Strong body, strong mind, strong spirit," and picture all of the people counting on me to help them.
"Defining and Feeling Successful" (However you define success)
Formula For SuccessThe winners in this life know the rules of the game and have a plan. Whether you're looking to heal a relationship, get a new job, lose weight or find inner peace, consider these characteristics, which are common to people who succeed.
Focus and Determination = Success
FOCUSAs you're building your business, you can choose to win or lose. No one sets out to lose, but they do, because they simply do not stick around long enough to win.
Can You Think Your Way To Riches?
I am going to tell you something you already know but actively ignore. 90% of the time, 90% of what you think is complete and utter drivel, useless background chatter, and recycled subconscious tape loops.
How Close Is Your Fortune?
A farmer in Pennsylvania decided to sell his farm, but before he sold it, he wrote to his cousin in Canada, who collected coal, and asked for a job. In those days, coal oil, which dipped from running Canadian streams, where it was first discovered, was lucrative business.
Introducing 4 Indispensable Strategies For Success
I would like to use this medium to introduce my first book, "4 Indispensable Strategies for Success", to you. It is currently a best seller here in the UK and I am overjoyed that I was able to make my dream a reality.
The Importance of Integrity
The single most important quality you can ever develop that will enhance every part of your life, is the value of integrity. Integrity is the core quality of a successful and happy life.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !