List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
The Seven Cs of Success
Get ready to sail the Seven C's - the Seven C's of Success that is. Get on board and ride this ship to your destiny! There are Seven C's you must sail if you want to be a total success. Here they are, in alphabetical order:
1. Caring - I believe that to be a true success in this world we must have a bigger vision than simply accomplishing a goal for ourselves or simply lining our own pockets. I believe that successful people have a deep care for others. Yes, they are aggressive, but they are not aggressive to the point that they run roughshod over others.
Question: What is your care factor? Have you placed people in their proper place, as people worthy of dignity, respect, and proper treatment? Or have you begun to treat others as a means to an end for yourself?
2. Character - Becoming a success is more than increasing the digits in your bank account. In fact, I believe ANYONE can increase his or her bank account with a simple plan. Financial development is the easy part. Character development is the hard part, letting each and every experience shape and mold us as we experience them, always moving toward our goal and never allowing negative circumstances to destroy us but make us better people. This is what true success is about!
Question: How is your character? Are you becoming a better person with each passing experience? Are you becoming a rock of wisdom and experience, deepening your foundation of character?
3. Choice - Eisenhower reminded us that our histories are written by choice, not by chance. Every movement you make toward your ultimate success and destiny will be because you choose to move toward it. The actions that you choose, each and every day will add up, over the long-term, to your final destination. The power we have as humans to choose is one of the greatest gifts known to mankind.
Question: Do you choose success with each and every choice you make? Each choice you make either moves you toward your goal or away from it. Which do you choose?
4. Concentration - Often those who fail do so because they lose their concentration. Something else comes along and becomes their newfound fancy. They move from whim to whim, tossed to and fro by the strong blowing winds. The successful person however, stands firm, with their eyes transfixed on the goal. One of my favorite posters as a boy was of George Brett of the Kansas City Royals Baseball Team. They picture was taken just as the bat was hitting the ball. Where were George's eyes? Straight down the barrel of the bat, looking at the point where the ball and bat came together. Now that is concentration!
Question: How is your concentration? Do you stick to your goal and focus firmly on it, or do you let your mind and heart wander from whim to whim?
5. Confidence - Success comes to those who have the confidence to try, and more than that, the confidence to win. Confidence is something that you can grow in your mind and heart. Each passing victory that you achieve builds more and more confidence in you to draw from the next time you go to fight another battle on your journey to success. Do what you can to build confidence inside of yourself so you will be able to dip deeply into that well when you need it!
Question: How is your confidence? Do you believe that you can achieve what you conceive? Are you winning victories that you can then draw on later?
6. Consistency - People who become a success realize that to a great degree, success is a formula. At the very least it is sticking to doing the right things for a long enough period of time for them to create their destiny. This is consistency. They consistently do the things that will bring them their success. Tiger Woods hits hundreds of practice balls each and every day. He doesn't do 100 one day, then two days off, then 500 balls, then a day off, then 300 balls, then three days off. No, he knows the power of consistency and has achieved a level of success that that consistency formulated for him.
Question: How is your consistency? Are you consistent? Are you doing the things you need to do each and every day that will bring your goal to you?
7. Courage - Successful people are brave people. They know that even success has its challenges, yet they face them head on and move forward anyway. No mountain is too high, nor river too wide, nor foe too large for the person who will choose to live out their dreams! They are courageous people who continue on even when others have quit. And for that they receive their reward!
Question: How about you? Are you courageous? Are you willing to face the obstacles and move forward in spite of the fear that may try to well up within you? Be courageous and you will succeed!
There they are, the Seven C's of Success. Set sail today!
Caring Character Choice Concentration Confidence Consistency Courage
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
Success Lessons From Cricket That Can Improve Your Life
This summer (2005) huge crowds in England and Australia have been following the 5 test match series between England and Australia. The sides are evenly matched and have played some of the most exciting cricket seen for many years.
iPod - The Ultimate Self-Help Tool
Wow, what an outrageous claim! Why do I say this? Simple. I believe that listening to self-help audio books, seminars, and yes--you knew I was going to say it--Power Affirmations (even ones you record yourself), is the most powerful way to learn and recondition your thinking.
Affirm, Visualize, and Receive - Is Planning Really Necessary?
"Don't get caught up in the how of things. If you're clear on what you want to change and why you want to change it, the how will come.
Success is a 6 Letter Word
Let me ask you a question? What must happen for you to feel successful? Do you need to be admired by the people that you care most about? Do you need to have financial abundance? And if so how would you know what financial abundance is? 1 million dollars, 2, 100, a billion?What is success anyway? Think about it for a moment, is success what you really want or is it the emotions the feelings that you connect to being successful? I mean, if you imagine yourself to be a success, how does it feel? Do it, just for a moment, imagine you to be a total success. What do you see, what do you hear and how does it feel.
Decision-Making: The Right Way!
Why do some people end up with boring jobs living paycheck-to-paycheck while others are sitting on top of the world? Did some simply make 'bad' decisions while others got 'lucky'? No-the difference here is goal setting and decision making.You want to make all the 'right' decisions in your life-not only in your career, but in your personal life and in your finances as well.
A Little Equation that Creates Big Results
The purpose of man is in action not thought - Thomas CarlyleOften people will ask me how I get so much done in my life. They wonder at how I am able to accomplish so many things.
Try Honesty as a System of Trust, Success Will Follow
Trust is a cornerstone of human existence. It is interesting to note that, in the world of commerce, the really huge transactions are generally initiated on trust.
Introducing 4 Indispensable Strategies For Success
I would like to use this medium to introduce my first book, "4 Indispensable Strategies for Success", to you. It is currently a best seller here in the UK and I am overjoyed that I was able to make my dream a reality.
Your Focus is the KEY to YOUR Success
Why do you need to know your focus when joining a group?The power of focus will differentiate you from the rest of the crowd. You need to concentrate on where business comes from for your organization.
Catching the W.A.V.E.s of Greatness
Greatness is all around us. From Oprah to Bill Gates to Einstein to Stephen Hawkins to Gandhi to Mother Teresa, we read, see and hear it every day and sometimes we even have the opportunity to feel greatness for others and ourselves.
Daily Action Spells Success - What Have You Done Today To Make Yourself Feel Proud?
Since December 1st 2004, I have written one article or potential article a day for my motivation web site. One or two of these have been upgraded versions of previous articles but so far, I have not missed a day.
Emerging As Winners!
People like to emerge as winners by hook or crook and this is what one gets landed up in. It is human nature to desire to become rich, powerful, popular and famous always and forever.
Evaluating Your Associations (Part Two)
Two weeks ago we took a look at the power of influence in our lives and how it is possible to be nudged off course a little at a time until finally, we find ourselves asking, "How did I get here?"We then asked three key questions:1) "Who am I around?" You've got to evaluate everybody who is able to influence you in any way.2) "What are these associations doing to me?" That's a major question to ask.
Why Success is a Science
My studies of the highly successful prove that they continually achieve their results by doing "certain things in a certain way." I have also found that "like causes produce like effects.
Stop Reading Success Books and Start Being Successful
So you want to be successful (whatever that means to you) and you've been to the motivational lectures, seminars and you've read the latest books on how to make a billion dollars in 17 seconds!!!So where's you billion dollars?Well, to many of us listen to and read the advice of others but then fail to ACT, so what do you have to do to be successful?It's not easy to be successful but the answer to achieving it is in taking action and not just going to another seminar and reading another book before you have actually put something into practice that you have just learnt.The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is successful people take action and move forward, while unsuccessful people wait for the action to happen around them and stay still.
The Most Under Rated Method To Achieve Success!
The most under rated method to achieve success is: The power of Visualisation. The best kept secret of success on the sports field and in athletics is: The power of Visualisation.
Avoid The Thirteen Habits of a Failure
Jim Rohn, the success guru and mentor, said, "Failure is a few errors in judgment repeated every day." The word to watch is "repeated.
The #1 Success Secret of All Time
From time to time I receive correspondence from individuals with questions and concerns about their own individual prospects for personal and/or monetary success. The concerns from one request to the next are usually very similar.
How Do You Define Your Success?
How does an online marketer define success ? There are many ways to describe success, but does it always have to do with a hefty bank balance ?I can consider myself to be an online success. Heck, I am not making a ton of money every month or consider myself to be a guru.
Busy Beavers Build Piles Of Sticks
"Well, you're just a busy beaver, aren't you?" You've either heard or used this cliche, but what do you know about beavers? Let me tell you about something I learned.One night on the Discovery Channel, I watched a scientist determine how beavers knew where to put the sticks to build their dams.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !