List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Top 10 Miraculous Benefits of Keeping a Personal Journal
In earlier generations it was common to keep a diary or personal journal. Today few people do it, and very few recognize the value and astonishing power of keeping a journal. If you can read and write, you have access to the most amazing source of personal power and magic! Try it for 30 days and watch it transform your life! Clients periodically tell me they couldn't possibly find the time. I ask them to try it for 30 days. Then clients often tell me they couldn't possibly live without the power of their journals. The following are my list of the top 10 reasons to keep a journal.
1. A journal will clarify your goals. As you write a few thoughts each day, your ideas about what is important, what is worthy of your life and your time will become much clearer. You'll automatically discover what you really want in life.
2. A journal will simplify your life. Spending as little as 10 minutes with pen and paper describing your values, noting your achievements and giving thanks for the joys of life, will make you less tolerant of life's distractions. Things become much simpler when you write them down.
3. A journal will strengthen your relationships. It will give you time and the words to express your feelings, it will help you understand and be patient with your loved one's peccadilloes, and it will teach you to love more powerfully.
4. A journal will make you more attractive. Socrates said, "Know thyself." Keeping a journal will help you know yourself and express yourself more clearly, and that is amazingly attractive!
5. A journal will empower you. Thinking with pen and paper forces you to eliminate fuzzy or confusing images and "laser" in on precisely the right word, the most powerful image to express yourself. Keeping a journal will make you more a better communicator, and that can make you rich!
6. A journal will eliminate temptation. Some ideas sounds great in our imagination, but when written on paper they just aren't the same! It's easy to blurt out "I hate my job!", but writing about what it means to quit, change careers and start over will quickly result in one of two things: The temptation will go away, or you'll start generating actual plans to make your life better. Either way, you win!
7. A journal affirms the reality of your life. Writing about life adds meaning and power. Journal your child's first steps or first tooth, starting school, her first date and high school graduation adds substance to these things. A friend of mine just became a grandfather for the first time and gave his son, the proud father, a fat 3-ring binder of notes he'd written as he'd watched his baby boy grow 25 years ago. Together they cried and laughed at the reality that life is a sacred, wonderful thing.
8. A journal helps you be quiet. Journalizing has been called a form of meditation. It has a similar power to quiet the mind and focus your thoughts. It even has the power to turn off the TV! It can heal anxiety, change your breathing and make you smile. What more could you ask?
9. A journal helps you speak out. Many of my articles, letters to the local paper, and letters to friends began as notes in my journal. A journal helps ideas become words, and it provides a nursery for words to grow into sentences and paragraphs, until finally they need a stage on which to express themselves. Sometimes that "stage" is a candle-lit dinner, other times it's a protest sign or a letter to an old friend. Whatever form it takes, many of those messages would never have been born without the safety of a journal in which to grow.
10. Finally, a journal just feels good! Using quality paper and a fountain pen or other beautiful instrument with just the right "heft" and feel is a wonderfully sensuous, delightful experience. It will cheer you up, reduce your stress, make you smile and add to your life. Who knows, it may even improve your sex life or make you more patient with the kids! (Well, it might!)
© Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: http://www.philiphumbert.com
Business Success Secrets: Improving Yourself by 1% Daily
Hey,Josh here from Investor Wealth Academy sitting 29 stories above the glitter of Times Square.Lou and I are in New York this weekend on business and we were both super excited about some of the things going on in the real estate industry right now.
Thinking About Winners
Have you ever thought about what makes a superstar? What attributes we admire in our heroes? Do you ever wonder were all the extra ordinary men have gone? Watch the movies that shaped our modern era, the ones which make you think about what it takes to win and what it means to be an American; what do you see? Some of the movies made heroes out of movie stars. First Blood, Rocky, Top Gun, Karate Kid, Vision Quest, Star Wars, etc.
Habits and Success
I got a big reminder over the last couple of weeks about what happens when you let your good habits slip - and how easy it is to fall into the trap of being overwhelmed.This week when I am getting back into the habit of having the dishes cleaned up before I go to bed, eating healthy, and actually getting to bed at a reasonable hour, I am seeing again what a difference it makes in my productivity.
Many people talk or write about the science of success or the art of creating wealth. You don't want just the science.
More Effective Communication - Weight Loss For Your Mouth
Language constitutes our belief system. What we believe is true for us or our version of reality at large.
How to Always Get Whatever You Want
Do You Know You Have the Power to Harness Huge, Hidden Powers of the Universe?First there is your mind:- your conscious mind: ideas, thoughts, emotions, attitudes etc. you can directly perceive or conceive.
How to Succeed and Never Fail
So, how can you succeed online without ever experiencing the feeling of failure?Is that possible?Let's find out..
Achieve Success Now - What Are You Waiting For?
Are you ready to finally realize your dream? I'm talking about the desire that you carry deep down inside of you that you attribute to some adolescent fancy. It's the dream that isn't practical and can't possible be fulfilled.
Evaluating Your Associations (Part One)
If you were to evaluate the major influences in your life that have shaped the kind of person you are, this has to be high on the list: the people and thoughts you choose to allow into your life. Mr.
Surf the Wave of Abundance
Bank account bare? Bedroom barren? Body running on empty? Buddha not showing up? Why?Maybe because your beat is off! You're out of step with the AbunDance. It's a dance that requires flexibility, fluidity and, above all, the willingness to flow with life's changing rhythms.
Success in Life and the Mystery of Focus
If you are wishy-washy and undecided about you want and go to see a very powerful person who knows exactly what he wants, he will get out of you what he is looking for since he is more focused than you.Define your aim very clearly and know exactly what you want from the person you are about to meet.
The Winner Walk
The Winner's Walk is a key strategy in the sport of life/business. When you meet somebody new, your perception of the person and what you feel about them is based 93% on body language.
How Close Is Your Fortune?
A farmer in Pennsylvania decided to sell his farm, but before he sold it, he wrote to his cousin in Canada, who collected coal, and asked for a job. In those days, coal oil, which dipped from running Canadian streams, where it was first discovered, was lucrative business.
How To Create What You Want...And Want What You Create
Something For You To Consider?How To Create What You Want ?And Want What You CreateHello!Imagine your life starting out this way..
Reach Your Goals - Step Into Your Own Truth
Create a truth and step into it There is a saying in self-help circles that states, "Your mind can't take a joke." What this means is that whatever you believe to be true is true, at least as far as your mind is concerned.
Dont Assume You Cant Do it, Just Because Conventional Wisdom Says you Cant
Be weary and leery when it comes to standardized tests and things of that nature that attempt to gauge your intelligence, aptitude, or ability to achieve at your given goal or dreams.Please don't misunderstand me, such things can and do have their place and even be quite effective in steering a person towards the right career path, classes to take in college, or which educational degree to pursue.
How to be Congruent and Experience Balance Every Day.
"If you can tell the world who you are and what you believe without breaking stride or hesitating, you are happy with yourself." - Neale Donald WalscheI attended a large networking meeting last week with lots of varying types of businesses and people and one of the speakers was talking about and explaining how online networking had helped him go from redundancy to having his own lucrative business that he really enjoyed running in a relatively short period of time.
Living A Life Without Limits
The starting point of all great success and achievement is dreaming big dreams. There is nothing more important and nothing works faster.
Changing Your Mind Can Be a Wrestling Match
If you've been walking this earth for any length of time, it must be pretty clear by now that if you want to make changes in your life, the first thing that needs to change is YOUR MIND! But here there's a problem - maybe a lot of problems - called LIMITING BELIEFS..
How to Talk Yourself Into Success
You've tried and failed. You've watched others fall.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !