List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Ten Cheap Vacations
Cheap vacations can still be relaxing, fun and whatever else you want them to be. Unlike cars and shoes, vacations don't get better according to price. Give up that expensive resort if you don't have the money, but don't give up your vacation. Try one of the following ideas instead.
1. Visit your friends. The key here is to have friends with spare beds that live in interesting places. You've probably had friends tell you to come and stay a while, so why not take them up on it? I'm hoping my friends move to Hawaii.
2. Caretaking vacations. Someone in California, Costa Rica or Colorado wants you to stay in their house while they're away. You'll have to water the plants, and maybe watch the cat, but you'll get to stay in a beautiful home. You may even get paid. To learn more caretaking opportunities, visit the Caretaker Gazette online.
3. Outdoor vacations. Outdoor adventure doesn't need to be expensive. Just stay close to home, and use your imagination. On "Tom Sawyer Day" we hike up a river for hours, then build a raft from dead trees. Then we float on it back to the car. It's cheaper and more fun than a guided river trip. Where can you hike or bicycle for free?
4. Treasure hunting. Take a trip to a ghost town or beach with a metal detector. In Arizona an old Mayan Indian showed us where to find arrowheads, semi-precious stones, and ancient pottery. Treasure hunting is cheap, and you might find something valuable as well.
5. Cheap beach combing vacations. What's more relaxing than sitting on the beach with a drink? Restless? Start collecting seashells and driftwood. Bring a metal detector to find more valuable things. There are beaches in Florida where you can camp in your RV, and cheap motels on or near the beaches in Michigan.
6. Stay home. Make a list of sights to see, and things you've always wanted to do that are within an hour of home. Spend a weekend or a week checking off your list. No expensive hotels or long-distance drives.
7. Shopping trips. Cheap vacations don't normally involve shopping, but they can. Visit flea markets and rummage sales in some scenic corner of the country. Have a shopping adventure for less than a day at the mall.
8. Hotspring vacations. Hotsprings in many parts of the United States are free or inexpensive to use. Camp in an R.V. or tent to keep it really cheap. Spend nights around the campfire and days soaking in hot water. My personal favorite is a beautiful place in Arizona (106 degree water), with hiking trails. We paid the $30 annual fee and stayed more than a week.
9. Greyhound bus travel. Taking the bus is an alternative to expensive gasoline if you're traveling alone, and the trip itself is sure to be an adventure. Pick a nice place within a day's ride, pack a bag and go.
10. Camping vacations. In Florida we stalked alligators and watched a dozen other forms of wildlife. Every night we sat around the fire with new friends from England and Texas. We escaped winter there for eight days in our van. There were hot showers, and the campground was free. Camping can be the cheapest of cheap vacations.
Steve Gillman hit the road at sixteen, and traveled the U.S. and Mexico alone at 17. Now 40, he travels with his wife Ana, whom he met in Ecuador. To read their stories, tips and travel information, visit: http://www.EverythingAboutTravel.com
Coastal Vacations Club Offers Up to 85% off Week Long Condo Stays
When vacation time rolls around, some people choose to stay home, putter around the house, and get caught up on repairs or cleaning. While this might be a cheap option, it is not the most ideal.
What You Need to Know about Vacation Rentals before You Go
That time of the year is finally here. You know what I'm talking about, the one or two weeks you get every year to escape from "real life" and just be you.
Visit Western Australia and Stay in Fremantle - Holiday & Short Term Accommodation
Enjoy your own luxurious lifestyle in our beautifully furnished, air conditioned 3 or 4 bedroom houses located in the heart of South Fremantle, Western Australia. The perfect self contained, short term holiday accommodation in the Fremantle area to make your stay an enjoyable one.
I had always been told that if you wanted to see wildlife do not go to the Amazon.That the jungle was so dense that you could never see the wildlife and that the wildlife was mostly nocturnal.
European Car Rental - Top Ten Tips for Europe Travel - Tip #5: Restrictions
It is a common assumption for most Americans that they can jump in a rental car and drive to wherever the spirit is willing to go. This makes sense as there are few restrictions in North America regarding international travel.
I am in a Snit
I am in my yearly snit. Now my wife would contend that I am in a snitty mood daily and sometimes more often than that.
Scottish Roadtrips -- Encountering Porridge with Salt and Other Dangers
Edinburgh and beyondRoadtrips around BritainIt's hard to overstate the poetry of Edinburgh. Even when crossing the North Bridge in a screaming gale, fearing you lost your nose five streets ago.
Seven Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Vacations
This may seem like a very strange title for an article. After all, a vacation is supposed to be? a vacation.
Washington, DC a Bargain Travel Guide
Welcome to Washington, DC - The nation's capital is a city with public museums and monuments galore, but also hidden treasures that should not be overlooked. Whether you're in Georgetown, downtown, or even in Northern Virginia, and whether you're alone, hanging out in with friends, or planning a romantic date, we offer suggestions for restaurants, bars and activities that will suit your needs - all on a limited budget.
Hilton Head Vacation Rentals
Hospitable to all of our visitors, rental agencies on Hilton Head Island will take care of all your vacation needs, both foreseen and unanticipated. Renting an apartment, condo, villa or home is easy with the friendly assistance of more than one hundred agencies.
Customized Services is What makes a Vacation Rental the Best
The home away from home but a little bit more better is what the vacation rentals should be. They should be a lot functional and provide you with a lot of facilities and amenities that you would find in your home and a little bit more.
Andalucia, a Wonderful Holiday Destination
The Costa del Sol has long been one of the most popular holiday destinations in southern Europe, and quite rightly so as it has much to offer in the form of reliable sunshine, beautiful safe beaches, good restaurants and nightlife, good quality and affordable accommodation along with plentiful and cheap flights from a vast choice of airports. However The Costa del Sol is only a very small part of the wonderful Autonomous Region of Andalucia.
Keys to Contentment
Most of us take vacations for the express purpose of getting away from it all. The desks piled high with paperwork, unmanageable schedules, unbearable bosses, traffic gridlocks and all things necessary but at times unwanted.
Caribbean Pearl Secret, Margarita Island is Not So Much a Secret Anymore
Margarita Island is one of the lesser known Caribbean islands. It is unspoiled by commercialization but not that far behind.
Top Family Vacation Destinations
Planning a family beach vacation? Looking for destinations with family resorts that have fun sports and activities for the whole family, all inclusive resorts where meals are included and kid clubs? Here are some of the most popular beach destinations for families to unwind and relax:MexicoMexico, especially the Cancun area, and Mayan Riviera, an hour's drive south of Cancun, is a popular place for family beach vacations. The Mayan Riviera is one of the regions of Mexico - and the world- which offers the richest variety of landscapes and archaeological treasures including Mayan ruins, coral reef, snorkelling lagoons, and eco-theme parks such as Xcaret.
Vacationing in a Gatlinburg Cabin
For many decades Gatlinburg has been a favorite resort getaway for both families and couples. Located in the Smoky Mountains of eastern Tennessee, Gatlinburg sits at the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Pigeon Forge Hotels
Hotels are a large component of Pigeon Forge lodging. As with any major tourist destination, there is a wide array of hotels to choose from.
Lodging and Entertainment Deals in Orlando Florida
Disney Area Lodging DealsThe Orlando area communities of Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee and Davenport all leave you very close to the Walt Disney World community, as well as offer you diversity in lodging deals for your vacation. Many times, through the use of booking your lodging in advance using the world wide web, you can find great lodging deals and hotel rates.
Looking For Maui Rental Property?
Maui is one of the islands found in Hawaii. It is known as the second largest island in Hawaii and it is also called Valley Isle.
Use Sydney Apartments, Not Hotels, To Save Yourself Money
If you're planning a visit to Australia, then you'll be glad to know you can save money on your accommodation by staying in Sydney apartments instead of regular hotels.While there are plenty of excellent Sydney hotels to choose from, many business people and seasoned travelers elect to use some of the many available Sydney apartments instead.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !