List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
14 Ways to Add Content to Your Web Site - Part 1
When I surf the Net, I often see web sites filled with beautiful graphics that strive to capture my attention. Well, they do so for an instant, however I click away when I don't immediately find relevant content. The content you add to your web site needs to attract both visitors and search engines.
Here are 14 ways to add content to your web site and attract visitors:
1. Get into the mind of your visitor. Brainstorm all the ways your visitor would think of your product. Write your content as if you are sitting next to him/her explaining your product. Don't write in the 3rd person ie we, they, but use I, you, or your. This makes it more personal.
2. Keep it simple - write as if explaining your web site material to a 7th grader (12-13 year old). Don't use complicated words that people would have to look up in the dictionary. You want them to understand clearly what your site is about.
3. Convey emotion - people on the Web are often in a great hurry, so you need to appeal to their emotions to stop them clicking away to the next site. Use stories, convey your experiences or include testimonies from others. This adds to your credibility and trust, 2 essential factors for doing business online.
4. Communicate quickly and efficiently - people online tend to scan rather than read everything on the page. Therefore use single lines of text for your headings and sub headings. Catch your visitor's eye with lists, bullet points and use short, snappy, active (not passive) words in your sentences. Your paragraphs should only consist of 2-5 sentences. Long paragraphs make it hard to read (scan) your page quickly.
5. Create white space - the layout of your web page should include plenty of white space. Don't lean text hard up against your graphics. Include white space between headings, sub headings and paragraphs.
6. Use graphics sparingly - you have heard it said, "a picture is worth a 1000 words." That's true but only if the picture supports your content. Don't overdo the graphics. You may impress your visitors initially, however to keep them interested in your site, you need high quality content.
7. Create high quality content - make clear points with each paragraph you write. Each paragraph should build on the previous one, so that you are pulling your visitor through your page naturally. You are trying to pre sell the product or service to your visitor. This puts them in a natural frame of mind to buy (unlike many sites which may just have pictures of the products and a shopping cart).
Part 2 of this article will discuss the last 7 Ways to Add Content to Your Web Site
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
owner and author of
Pick up a copy of his new ebook
How Do We Know When Its Time To Redesign Our Web Site?
A question we frequently get asked is, "how do we know when it is time to redesign our Web site?" The answer undoubtedly varies.The first thing to analyze is your existing Web presence.
How to Create a Great Landing Page for Your Website
The landing page or entry page of your visitors is the most important page to your website. This page is likely to be your home page if you happen to be promoting your website url http://www.
Free Website Templates - Top 10 Things You Need to Know
When building your website you might not have a large budget to devote to website design or a designer, so the best option for you might simply be to use free website templates. However, consider the following benefits as well as drawbacks before you decide to take this route of website design.
Give People What They Want And Watch Your Profits Soar!
Do you know why the majority of people use the Internet?The majority of people use the Internet to do some type of research. In other words, to read.
Build Web Pages from the Top Left Corner Down
There are two important reasons to build your website from the top left hand corner down.The first one is that this is the way people (at least in the western world) read pages.
Your Graphics- Are They Really Working For You?
(Making Your Graphics Work For You)It's no secret that a picture is worth a thousand words or that people really do judge a book by its cover. Effectively using graphic headers, e-covers and background graphics can send your profits soaring.
Got Web Traffic but Still Low Sales? Ten Ways to Selling Success - Part 1
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with lackluster sales? Are you planning to put a new Web site and don't know where to start? If you are like many business professionals out there, you know your subject, you are an expert speaker or coach in your field, and you are even passionate about it. You have great products and services to sell.
Cool Web Design And Promotion Tips
This article gives free tips on how to find a cheap website designer and free tips on website promotion services.Cheap website design services.
Bad Web Design: ActiveX
ActiveX uses an interesting method for enforcing security ..
Cascading Style Sheets for Better Web Design
In cascading style sheets you can specify how your web pages will be presented on the screen by simply predefining page elements such as fonts, headers and links.You can add these predefined elements in the head-section of your pages, but more interesting is to use them in a single .
Does Your Website Induce Seizures?
QUESTION: We promote our web site in all our ad campaigns, but according to my website statistics program, we are getting very few visitors who click past the first page. The site has a cool Flash introduction page that the designer said would impress visitors, but it doesn't seem to be working.
So You're Hiring a Web Designer-You Have the Right to Demand these 7 Perks
Whether you're hiring a designer who has created 10 sites or 1000 sites for other businesses, there are 10 things every website should do for you.1.
Are Web Templates Worth It?
First off, I am a designer. Now you're thinking, here's this guy trying to convince me to hire a designer costing a few hundred to a few thousand dollars instead of buying a pre-made web template for about $60.
Top Ten Ways to Increase Web Sales - Part 1
You have only 10 seconds to impress your potential buyer. Your Web site visitors don't care about you.
10 Web Site Design And Writing No-Nos
1. Don't load your web site with a lot of high tech clutter.
Dont Lose The Sale In The Internets Last Three Feet
In retailing there is a saying that sales are made in the last three feet. What this means is that no matter what you have done with your marketing, the final purchase decision is made when a customer is in-store, with the product in front of them.
Welcoming Your Website Visitors
Imagine you're going on a blind date. You've heard wonderful things about this person, and in your heart of hearts you're thinking -- hoping -- this might just be "the one.
Website Sales: 10 Strategic Tips To Maximize Your Profits
If you've a website but not making a lot of profit from it, cheer up because I have 10 website sales secrets that can help you maximize your sales and profits, starting now:1. Tell people the point or focus of your web site.
Database Driven Website
The solution lies in creating a 'Database driven website', through which web pages are created dynamically which further gives a web site visitor an up-to-dated view of information stored in the database. When the information in the database is updated, site visitors will immediately see the changes that have been made.
How to Prepare Your Project Before You Order Website Design
Are you serious about get this website done fast and clear and want to make money with your website? Then you will absolutely need some good web design agency to build the website of your dream and that it the aim, right?Web design studios may be local and virtual. Local studio may be your choice if you live in a big city and you know at least couple of web designers across the road.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !