List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Are you Making these Weight Loss Mistakes?
There are all kinds of fad diets and quick fixes to weight loss out there. In reality, if you want to lose weight (besides liposuction) there is only one way to do it - that is to burn more calories than you consume. This can be done by exercising on a regular basis and eating a well- balanced diet. You don't have to deprive yourself of certain foods or even sweets, if you eat moderate amounts. If you are trying to lose weight and have not been successful you maybe making these weight loss mistakes:
1. Starvation: If when you decide to lose weight you stop eating or eat very little those first pounds you lose are muscle and water. So, when you begin to eat again (and you will because you can't continue like that) you will have less lean muscle mass (muscle burns calories) and you will gain faster. You will actually become fatter - you will have more fat than you had before you started the diet.
2. Skipping meals or skipping breakfast: When you don't eat for awhile your body thinks it is being starved and will hold on to calories by slowing down the number of calories it burns. When you begin to eat again you will burn fewer calories and gain weight faster. Also, because you haven't eaten in awhile you will more likely eat more and make bad food choices.
3. A diet that consists of only 1 or 2 choices: Any diet that deprives you of the basic food groups will not work. You will probably lose weight in the short term but it will be bad for your health and, again when you go back to your regular eating patterns the weight will come back too.
4. Eating Lots of Vegetables: Do you think you read that wrong? No, you didn't. Eating lots of vegetables is great, however when they are soaked in a high calorie dressing you will probably gain more weight than you will ever lose. Count the calories in everything you consume - especially the dressings.
5. Not exercising: Moving will make those pounds come off a lot faster. If you don't like to exercise (and many don't) incorporate movement into your day. Walk up the stairs rather than taking the elevator, park at the far end of the parking lot or walk to work if you can. Twenty minutes of exercise a day will make a difference and you will burn more calories.
When you have decided to eat healthy foods and count calories and you still have the urge to snack use these suggestions to curb the cravings:
* When you feel the urge to eat, do something active instead to distract yourself such as getting out of the house away from the food. It is a good idea to have some projects lined up to keep you busy before you start.
* Brush your teeth
* Drink water. Besides making you feel full water will keep you occupied and is good for your skin.
* If you absolutely have to eat, choose crunchy vegetables (pre-cut), pretzels, rice cakes or low fat popcorn.
ęCopyright 2005 Sheila Dicks
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who helps women learn how to dress to suit their body type and look fabulous. You can reach her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download her ebook, "Image Makeovers" and get "How to Build a Wardrobe" ebook free.
Weigh Loss and your Self Image - Are You Worthy to Feel Better?
Maybe you losing weight comes down to the simple question, "Do you think you are worthy to?"My name is Greg Ryan. For twenty years I have counseled thousands of people on weight loss.
Holiday Wearing A Weight Loss Halo
You may have read the old stories about how much weight people put on during the holidays. Well, not surprisingly, those stories are at least partially true.
Weight Loss - Make a Significant and Lasting Lifestyle Change
Losing weight can make a significant and life altering change in how we live our everyday life. After losing weight many people experience better sleep patterns, increased energy levels, improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
The Effect Of A Low Carb Diet On Your Insulin Level
The underlying principles of low carb diets are based on the role of insulin in our body. There are three basic units the body uses for energy: Fats, Proteins, and Carbohydrates.
Weight Loss for Good - If Only You Had Known?
Whether coming from a close friend, the nightly news or from a letter in the mail, it's hard to face the truth at times. Hear-ing it can really cut to the core of our be-ings.
Throw Out the Scale
Do you know someone that is obsessed with the scale? Someone who hops on the scale morning, noon and night? And stepping off each time with feelings of frustration or disappointment? With obesity on the rise and weight loss a common household topic, its easy to become obsessed with weight, diets and the scale. This multi-billion dollar industry brings about constant marketing and advertisement on the next solution or quick fix that hits sixty five percent of American's weight issues.
When Dieting Should You Weigh Yourself Every Day?
How to Break the Weighing HabitFace it, if you weigh yourself more than once a day, you are a serious scale addict, and if you let the number on the scale affect how you feel, and whether it's going to be a good day, you are probably a bit too involved with that appliance. Danger, danger! Step away from the scale!The scale simply cannot tell the difference between muscle and fat, and while fat is bulky and lumpy, muscle is sleek and shapely.
Before You Burn - Information About Weight Training Routines For Beginners
Information About Weight Training Routines For BeginnersSo you need to lose a few pounds? Perhaps you want to bulk up and strengthen and define your muscle tone? Maybe you just want to add a bit of variety to your exercise program? Weight training routines offer a great way to accomplish these goals. These types of training routines are used by professional athletes, fitness pros, and body builders.
Three Sure-Fire Ways To Lose Weight Get Healthier & Feel Great Without Dieting
--ONE--Learn how to reduce the fat, sugar and salt content of your food and to enjoy fruit and vegetables. Use the nutrition guides on pre-packaged food to decide whether or not that product is best for you or your family.
Fast Weight Loss - 7 Day Diet Program for Quick Weight Loss
Do you have a big event coming up? Perhaps you have a great dress that you bought in the hopes of losing ten pounds, but just haven't gotten around to losing enough weight to fit into it. In addition to supplements and other weight loss products, maybe the solution to your problem is a seven-day diet.
Weight Loss Problems? - Why The Gastric Bypass Surgery Does Not Stick!
Gastric bypass surgeries are temporary physical fixes to a long term head problem! If you think the surgery is a cure all, think again. The crazy thing is people are gaining weight on purpose so they can be qualified to even be considered for the surgery.
Gastric Bypass Surgery - Is It Right For You?
When we hear all the success stories of the gastric bypass, it sounds so easy. One pricey operation and the pounds just fly off! Right? Not quite.
Food: The Proof Is In The Portion
We are a large people. 65% of us are overweight, 30% actually obese.
On-line Weight Watchers Diet Helper for Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and Mobile Phones
At the beginning of December, WeightWatchers.com announced the release of an application for Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and PDA mobile phones.
The Mysterious Dr. Atkins Death
Dr. Atkins death was unexpected.
Gastric Bypass Surgery Alternative
I am considering Gastric bypass surgery because I am overweight, in fact I am a least 100 pounds over my ideal weight making me obese. I have tried the Atkins diet and had some success but I gained the weight right back in just over a month.
The College Student's Guide for EASY WEIGHT LOSS!
Weight loss is a hot topic among college students today, especially considering the fact that most college freshmen gain half a pound every week! Since the schedule of college students is almost always hectic, weight loss efforts are not a priority. With so little extra time it is impractical to join the latest diet fad or commit to sweating in the gym for hours at a time.
America Health Watch
America loves fast food. Last year, consumers spent billions of dollars on the hamburger industry alone.
Top Thirty Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
Here are some everyday, helpful hints to get you started, keep you going, and help you stick to your diet.1.
Lose Fat by Choosing The Best Weight Loss Plan For You
Are you sick of the hype? Wondering what diet products really work? The fact is, most of them do. It's simply a matter of finding what works for you.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !