List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Top 5 Weight Loss Strategies From A Top Level Personal Trainer
You are ready to shed those energy draining, body crippling, unattractive extra pounds and you are ready to make it permanent this time. You are on the right track because you've taken the most important step toward your goal. That step is the decision to take action and stay committed. The following five proven strategies will serve as essential elements in your quest to achieve your weight loss goal.
1) You must put yourself into the right mindset. Don't think of your new efforts at weight loss as trying to do certain things every day. See your self living a new lifestyle, a new lifestyle that naturally includes behavior conducive to positive changes in your health and fitness levels. You transition into this new lifestyle by makng adjustments to your daily habits until these habits are in alignment with the goals you are aiming for.
2) Find an exercise partner. It can be a friend, a co-worker, or a family member. Why is this important? An exercise partner is a tremendous source of support. A partner is crucial on those days when you really don't feel up to exercising. Unless you are sick, a good partner won't let you slack and likewise your partner will need you to pull them up when they are not up for the workout. You being needed is an indirect but important type of support. With an exercise partner comes the element of accountability, which subconsciously reinforces your commitment to your quest.
3) Have a baby or get a puppy. These two strategies work in the same manner. I write about this one from first/second hand experience. My wife, Jeri-Jo, gave birth to our daughter, Darah, nine months ago. Today, she weighs less than she weighed before she got pregnant. What is the mechanism here? Jeri-Jo claims, "With Darah to care for, my mind is focused on her and her needs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at risk for malnutrition, but I don't eat out of boredom any more simply because there is always something to do. The day flies by and I don't have time to snack on foods that cause weight gain."
The puppy strategy is very similar to the baby strategy. If you are not playing with it, training it, feeding it, walking it or cleaning up after it you are too tired to overeat. And, before you know it your new puppy is done napping and ready for more activities. Like caring for a baby, your puppy requires a lot of attention and mental energy. This prevents many people from unnecessary snacking that prevents weight loss.
4) If you are not ready for a baby or a puppy then take a up a new hobby. A new hobby will get you out of the house, stimulate your mind and prevent you from eating out of boredom. If your hobby is a fitness related activity, such as mountain biking or hiking, then you are really going to make some progress.
5) Drink more water. I know, you've heard this one before. But, can you truthfully say you are doing it? Not many people can. Ponder this. You consist of about 73% water. Your body gives off water all day and all night. You must continuously replenish your water levels in order for your body to function at its highest levels. Many fitness professionals talk about the metabolism slowing down as a result of too little food intake. However, just as important, yet rarely mentioned is water intake and its effect on metabolism. Not getting enough water can cause water retention and a slowing of the metabolism. Both of these can prevent weight loss and cause weight gain.
One little known strategy for boosting water intake is to drink 8 - 12 ounces as soon as you wake up. This helps wake up your metabolism. Another way to boost your water intake is to drink 10 - 12 ounces when you start to feel hungry. Instead of immediately reaching for food, drink the water and see if that calms your hunger until you are ready for your next meal.
Each one of these strategies can help you lose weight. But, by utilizing all of them, you are creating a formula for success. A formula that can be the foundation of your new lifestyle.
Copyright 2005 Joe E. Atlas, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Joey Atlas, MS - Exercise Physiology, is considered one of the top personal trainers in the US. He is the author of the best selling audio CD "Controversial Secrets of a Personal Trainer", http://www.ControversialSecrets.com. Joey is a co-owner of GAC Personal Training, http://www.GACtraining.com, where he continues to guide people toward a better quality of life through proper exercise programming and nutritional guidance.
Setting Objectives For Weight Loss
I am sure that when I mention setting objectives for weight loss, the majority of people will be thinking in terms of how many pounds in weight that they, or someone else, should lose. That is similar, in a way, to those who consider setting financial objectives, and then state money as an objective.
Weight Loss Online -- The Fastest & Easiest Weight Loss Plan
My first article provided steps for fast healthy weight loss. This was followed by my easy weight loss plan.
Obesity:The Gateway to Diseases
Do you know the name of that one disease which has spread in the U.S.
How To Get Over A Weight Loss Plateau
Everyone who has ever tried to lose weight has hit a plateau at some point. A plateau is that point at which no matter what you do, you cannot seem to lose any more.
Simply Weight Loss -- Losing Weight is Easy if You Stop Dieting
In theory, if you're starving, exercising less helps conserve energy. But obviously you're going to place finding food and eating at the top of your to do list.
5 Natural Weight Loss Tips For A More Beautiful You
Living a powerful, healthy, fit and trim life is a true goal for many of us. Despite the easy cures in the form of weightloss drugs and dangerous fad diets, there are still plenty of natural, safe habits we can make a part of our daily routine to start us on this path.
Weight Loss NOW or Else!
If you knew when you were going to die, would you really want to know? If you knew when you were going to lose your life, would you do anything differently? If you had a choice of living longer or living a better quality of life, which would you choose, longer or better?People say, "if only" they had known they were going to have this happen to me, they would have done things differently. IF ONLY?I had not stressed so much about life.
How Do I Begin A Fat Loss Plan?... Let Me Count The Ways!
Most people are unsure about how to begin a fat loss program. They have many questions about food choices, meal composition and exercise.
Close Kept Secrets to Weight Loss Lesson #13
Life is great, isn't it? Stop and just look around you as you're reading this and breathe in all that you have to be grateful for. You have a computer; you have the Internet; you have the ability to type; you can read; you have an attractive, intelligent, vibrant 50-year old woman who cares about you-that's me! Remember to define yourself as Divine.
Can You Attain Weight Loss While Fasting?
Fasting, when done properly, can be a basic part of a solid weight loss plan. If done correctly it can be a great start to your new way of living.
Why Do Gastric Bypass Patients Get Sleepy After Eating?
Have you noticed since your WLS and return to regular eating a meal often causes you to become sleepy? Seriously sleepy. Drop your head in your plate sleepy.
Overweight? - 5 Tips to Enhance Your Sex Drive
You could try one of the many sexual enhancement drugs available today. You could sign up for very expensive workshops and retreats.
The Magic Formula Works its Wonder Today Part 4
The people of earlier times depended on the rich resource of plants and herbs to cure them of various ailments and maladies. The world has changed a lot but not the basics of life.
Could False Memories Be An Efficient Diet Helper?
Speculating on the scientifically proven memory unreliability, the memory specialist Elizabeth Loftus, a professor of psychology at the University of California at Irvine thought of using the technique of false memory induction as a new approach to dieting. And this is how: by inducing false memories about specific foods.
Dieting? Mental Activity is as Important as Physical
Activity means both mental and physical activity.Mental activity is similar to physical activity.
Weight Loss Product Warnings -- How to Spot Bad Pills
There are numerous ways to make a bad weight loss product look good. How to Spot Bad Pills is the first article in a series on evaluating weight loss products.
Obesity And Fast Foods - The Lethal Link
Obesity and fast foods - there's little doubt about the link. Obesity has reached epidemic proportions in the United states.
Natural Weight Losss: The Minor Changes That Can Have Huge Affects On Your Future Health
People always ask me " how it is that your grandfather a man over 65 can go to the gym 5 days a week , bike many miles every other day and still do many other physical sports without constant problems ?". Well I asked him.
Atkins Diet Plan - What's it All About?
A typical breakfast consists of 3 or 4 strips of bacon, two or more eggs and coffee. A snack would maybe be chunks of cheese and a cup of coffee with cream.
Dieting? Upgrading Your Non-Conscious Mind - Part 2
To upgrade the current software in your brain you can create external cues to help remind you and reinforce that changes.Create external upgrading cues with all 5 senses involved.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !