List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Small Changes to Weight Loss
As much as many of us who are over-weight do not like to admit, it is our past and current eating habits that have us looking the way we do today. We need to make many small changes to our eating and drinking habits to reach our healthy weight. It is a long term vision with many short term goals.
Understanding weight lose takes time but it is important to know that you need to consume less energy than you use in order to lose the extra kilos. The best way to ensure that you are burning more kilojoules than you consume each day is to focus one day at a time on small changes.
1) Start by keeping a food diary. It will make you aware of how much you are eating and drinking. By recording your daily intake of both meals and drinks you will be able to keep track of your calorie intake and see where to cut back.
2) Try swapping certain foods. If you like to snack on a marsbar, change this snack to a healthy snack like 8 medium strawberries instead as it could save you about 70 calories and add to your daily fibre intake.
3) Learn to read food labels. By reading food labels you will be able to work out your calorie intake and swap different brands. For example, you could save 50 calories by just changing your breakfast cereal, or save 100 calories by changing form sour cream to salsa.
4) Enjoy 5-6 meals/snacks per day as eating more often curbs your appetite and boosts your energy and improves your metabolism. The reason your metabolism is improved is that the process of digestion itself burns kilojoules.
5) Exercise will be required to lose weight and keep it off. It is via exercise that you will improve your muscle tone and trim centimetres from your figure. Without exercise your weight loss comes from lean muscle tissue. Exercise will also improve your metabolic rate. When you introduce exercise to your daily routine, start slowly. 3 x 10 minutes is better than no exercise at all. Also note that exercise comes in all forms, housework, gardening, playing with the children, walking the dog.
6) Drink 8 glasses of water a day as water suppress the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Water also helps rid the body waste and during weight loss there is a lot more body waste to excrete. If you are hungry always drink a glass of water first and wait ten minutes, you may have mistaken thirst for hunger.
7) Ask your friends and family to support you. Share your goals, talk about your goals and with support you too can start small changes that will lead to a healthier life style and weight loss.
Learning How to Become a Good Loser
The Quest to Reach Your Ideal WeightIt was late in the day and my next patient I would be meeting for the first time. As the woman entered my office upon introduction I was surprised by her response to my question of how she heard about me.
Mesotherapy vs. Cellulite For A Knockout
In the battle to look good, there's a cosmetic treatment that is going a few rounds with cellulite and small fatty deposits. Mesotherapy is knocking out fat and rejuvenating skin in people who give it a try.
Snooze to Lose Pounds
If you want to find a way to lose weight faster, and you think there is nothing new under the sun, then what I'm about to tell you will really make you nod off.According to Dr Kenneth Goodrick at Baylor University, a good night's sleep is a vital ingredient for weight loss.
To Lose Weight, Feed Your Brains
When was the last time you focused so much on a task that you forgot to eat? You did not really forget, but you were too much interested in what you were working on to stop doing it and go to the fridge. Years ago, when your body was slim and your head swollen with projects, did you ever think that to be a grown up would not mean to be responsible and free? Stop looking for somebody to sue: nobody shovelled food in your mouth.
Diet Pills and Consumer Fraud
Diet pills have met with many different fates, and come with many different promises. But at what point does the line between misleading advertising and outright fraud cross? And how long will health products be allowed to cross this line? Some diet pills have proven very effective, but were then found to have serious health side effects.
Eating for Health, Happiness and Successful Weight Control
Don't diet, just eat and lose weight!First, the following "diet" is really not a diet, in the conventional sense, but a natural way of eating. It allows one to eat essentially anything one wishes, while attaining weight loss or weight control goals and consuming the necessary nutrients for a long and healthful life.
Is There a New Fat Loss Miracle on the Horizon?
For the past several years one subject has been coming up quite often and has really started to be quite a hot topic. The subject is a fat known as CLA which stands for Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
Atkins Bankruptcy: Your New Decisions To A Healthy Life!
Atkins Nutritionals filed for bankruptcy at the beginning of August 2005 in light of a decline in the diet's popularity and profits. Atkins low carbohydrate craze focused on eliminating grains, fruits and vegetables to shed weight, and embraced high-protein diets rich in meat and cheese.
Weight Loss Secrets from Hollywood Movie Stars - LA Personal Trainer Speaks Out!
In the early nineties I had the opportunity to work with some of the most famous movie stars in the world. As a manager and personal trainer for Kathy Smith and her health club, I experienced first hand the secrets to the stars.
Weight Loss Tips: Get Effective Weight Loss Tips!
Looking for Diet Programs on net is like looking for water in an Ocean. But trust me, looking for good Diet Program is like finding a pearl in the ocean.
How Music Can Help You Burn More Fat
Browsing one of the Russian websites I have recently found a little article claiming that music can affect our health both improving and worsening it. That sounded very interesting and I decided to research how can music actually affect our well-being.
Whole Grains Prevent Weight Gain
Research from Harvard, recently published in the highly respected peer-reviewed Journal of Clinical Nutrition, has now proven that women who eat the most whole grains lose more weight and maintain that weight loss better than women who eat the least amount of whole grains.In a twelve year study of over 74,000 nurses, ages 38 to 63, the researchers discovered that women who ate the most whole grain foods weighed less than those who ate the least.
Is Low-Carb Weight Loss Really Just Water Loss?
Any weight loss or diet plan, including low-carb plans like the induction phase of the Atkins Diet will result in water loss during the first week or two.However, one of the real beauties of following a low carbohydrate eating plan is that most of the weight loss than extends beyond the initial induction phase of the diet is really from a drop in fat pounds.
Getting Through a Weight Loss Plateau
If you are traveling on the path towards wellness you will occasionally hit road blocks in self motivation. There will be times that you will be filled with self doubt and will undoubtedly ponder the question that has left even the most motivated dieter reeling, "How do I get through a weight loss plateau?" Dealing with slow weight loss and plateaus are very frustrating, especially when you have stepped on the scale after a week of doing everything "right"! The best way to surge past a weight loss plateau and avoid any future blocks in self motivation is to use the power of your mind.
Fast Weight Loss -- The Healthiest Fast Weight Loss Plan
In general, fast weight loss is not healthy. The faster you lose weight, the faster you'll gain it back.
Holiday Eating: Party Hearty Without Putting on the Pounds!
The holidays are definitely a special time of year. These days, however, many women wonder whether "special" means happy -- or stressful.
Malnutrition Causes Obesity
Axiom Number One - Nourish your body.Probably the most important and least understood axiom of successful weight loss is that you have to nourish your body.
Do Low Carbohydrate Diets Lead to Weight Loss Success?
So your neighbor, office mate, best friend, whoever just lost 10 pounds in only two weeks following the latest in high protein low carbohydrate diets. And now you're thinking you should give it a go -- have even started the search for high protein low carbohydrate recipes?True, high protein low carb diets seem to be leading many people to weight loss success.
New Weight Loss Program -- How to Make Your Diet Work
This is a continuation of the article entitled, "Making Diets Work." In the original article, I introduced the concept of Diet ShockTM and its role in weight regain.
Dieting? Upgrading Your Non-Conscious - Part 1
Visualizing and Declarations are today's topics.Visualize what you want as if now is how to create everything.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !